Saturday, November 22, 2008

4 Days Old


For my expecting pals, here’s the lowdown on my progress after leaving the hospital. I highly recommend continuing to take pain meds. This helps with pain from birth, breast pain, back pain and pain from stitches! So many pains and so little time. Trust me.

You may have to buy more pads and take sits baths (this is just a regular bath – water to your waist) if you tear or get an episiotomy.

If you don't have someone to help you 24-7, I would find someone at least for the first week. I had my mom and John mostly at night after work. John did stay with me in the hospital and has come home early to work from home – phew!

I wouldn't know what to do without them, as it’s hard work to heal and to care for a newborn. But it’s great too!!! He's so worth it!! I just had NO idea!!!!! Thought I did but nope.

I had only one friend pop by outside of family. I am just not ready because I feel so beat up and tired. It is what it is. You really do have to take care of you, so you can take care of the wee one. You will feel a little better every day. The baby will seem to get a little easier – you’ll think you will have his number and feel great. But he’ll then change up his game plan the next day. It’s a journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment