Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome Lola Kennedy Ferris!








Lola Kennedy Ferris was born Friday, Dec. 10 at 8:34 a.m. Mama was scheduled to be induced that morning because the little bugger was due Dec. 2 and didn't want to come out. The power of the mind is incredible, because 5 minutes before my alarm went off at 5:25 a.m., I started having contractions. Luckily, we still decided to go to the hospital - they could turn us away if we arrived too early.

We arrived at the hospital a little after 7 a.m. and checked in. They brought us to triog where they checked our vital signs and how dilated I was - which was 4 cm (the exact same amount I was dilated when I went in with Jack... I had him 10 hours later). The doctor was called and everything was pretty relaxed, but I swear the contractions were coming faster and faster. I described the pain as a 1-2 when I arrived but was thinking it was more like a 5-6 only a few minutes later.

The doctor arrived, so they took me to labor and deliver where I decided I'd get an epidural because the pain was getting so intense. I felt like such a wimp because I really wanted to do it without drugs.

Well, the pain was getting so intense for a good reason! During the walk from triog to the room, I had fully dilated. The nurse kept asking me to move over on the bed so I could get the epidural and I was like NO WAY! I couldn't move I hurt so bad. I said I felt like my water was breaking... and it did. Which they thought was great because they didn't have to break it. But I felt like there was more going on. Finally, they asked me to fall over because I couldn't move. And there she was! Lola was already making an entrance. My gosh!

So, push push push (swear swear swear!) - she was out in 15 minutes! With lots of hair, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment